Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolved

It's a new year and I know already that its going to be one filled with changes. As the ball dropped and the clock clicked over, I looked onward with fear. It is daunting to face a new 365 days to try and make things work with so many changes in place. But as I sit here now, I look onward with hope. This year, I am finally realizing, through the help of the most beautiful people, that I need to start working for me and not worrying about how selfish that is. Before I can truly be at peace with other people and with the world around me, I need to find peace with myself. So this year, I'm going to take the time I should have allocated before and decide I want to be and who I am going to be. I'm going to control my destiny, but I'm going to do so carefully and be sure in all my opinions. A lot of who I am is going to be the same, but with more conviction and with more honesty. From this day and this year onward, I will stop concerning myself so much with other people and put myself first. I know the people that matter most will still be there anyway and I know that no matter how much time I have to take or how far I have to separate myself, those people will still be there when I need them.

So here is to a new year and to new beginnings. Here's to old friends, new friends, new faces, and new places. It's a time of great beginnings in my life and it's time for me to set myself straight so I can meet those new beginnings with the best of me. Thank you all for 2008. I am now standing optimistically on the edge of 2009 and I promise that good will come out of it.

No comments: