Saturday, October 4, 2008

Smile

Friday sucked. And then it was really great.

I am extremely frustrated with our society and my generation. I don't understand the things many seem to find joy in. I also don't understand how to separate my morals from my judgment, how to not be judgmental, and how to accept that actions don't define people's character. Sometimes, I'm a mess of hypocrisy and confusion.

But then faith is restored. I see the bright spots in our society and I get hope. I get hope that maybe something can good out of all this. I thank those of you that remind me of that every day. Thank you thank you thank you for showing me that there is good in the world.

I'm really happy and I'm really looking forward to tonight.

2 comments:

Lillian said...

if actions don't define a person's character, what is character?

Matt Radick said...

My point is not just actions. Thoughts and feeling and things of the less tangible realm also make up one's character. What I'm trying to learn is that one's actions do not necessarily define all that they are, that a person can do bad (in my opinion) and still be good.